Ufo?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by goldfish, Aug 22, 2005.

1. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Just went out for a 3am walk (as one does) and I saw this very odd thing in the sky. A point of light, sorta orangey in hue (like a domestic light bulb on low power, or a candle), going vertically upwards. It wasn't a plane, for a start it would have been going horizontally if it was... and it was sitting just above the clouds (you could see some clouds go over it, but it went under others). It went up and sat there for a while, and then stopped. From here it looked like it had a tail, not unlike a rocket, going downwards, but I couldn't see any exhaust (but then it is dark, it'd be hard to see it if it was there).

It was in the direction of London, I'll give a heading in a moment.

Heading about 110 from High Wycombe.

Noticed it about 03:04AM GMT. I'm going to sleep now.

2. PhilliePhan

PhilliePhan Guest

Maybe it's the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER?

Oh, wait . . . Nevermind. I'm having Zappa flashbacks. . . . ;)

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

just some light reflecting off some swamp gas.

4. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

not a lot of swamp gas in London last time i was there. i think its 'big brother' lol or maybe that should read 'big Blair'. Goldie they're watching YOU. (no need to feel paranoid) aloha from where 'they' cant get you.

5. ANHEDONIC

ANHEDONIC Will Title For Food

i <3 Tony Blair!

how densely populated is your area Goldie? Chance that other people saw this same object?

6. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

You couldn't identify it, it was flying, and it was some sort of object. It seems to fit the three main requirements for a U.F.O. (Unidentified Flying Object).

7. jarcher

jarcher I can't handle a title

an orange light. .?

[​IMG]

8. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

It was DEFINATLEY one of those jarcher! It's no longer a UFO! :p

Very odd indeed... I'm guessing a few other people saw it (my area is fairly densely populated), which is why I posted here when I saw it, or I'd just forget.

I'm starting to think it might have been a satelite or somthing burning up, with the intention to break up over the atlantic. Maybe. Very odd. It wasn't a plane in any case.

Next time I see it I'll point it in your direction :p

9. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

I'll look out for it tonight goldy, might have made it's way towards watford area!!!

10. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

FLIGHT OF THE NAVIGATOR RELIVES!!!!!! WOOOOOOHHOOOOOOO!!!!!

j/k...I've definately seen things in the night sky like that, and it most definately makes you wonder!!!!!

Don't count on the government to tell you what it is even if they do find it!! They wouldn't know how to tell the truth if the instructions were painted on their forehead!!!!!!

Roger

11. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

@ Star....is this a mission you never told us about? ;)

12. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

3am walk goldie? u kno most ppl like to sleep around this time.

13. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Fireworks, maybe?.... Sometimes one can see space junk incinerating. Maybe it was just a plot to keep Goldy awake? :p

I do the 3 a.m. walk thing at times too, LoL. In fact, it's the wee hours of the morning, as I type, eh.

14. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

Yeah, but we know what you think of congresscritters. ;)

15. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

No offense intended....I apologize if I hit a sore spot!!!! :)

Perhaps you could be our connection to Area 51!!!!????

Roger

16. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

I think it might have been the ISS, you know.... I saw it again last night about 11pm. I'll have to check up and see if it would be visible from where I am at that time.

17. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

goto thinking... take your camera next time :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds