Screen "Spins" when i play games!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Titan_HQ, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Titan_HQ

Titan_HQ Private E-2

Hi

I've just downloaded Americas Army, Due to my slow connection (512kbps) i downloaded version 2.1.0.

Whenever i play the screen spins and the game is uncontrollable. Below is a link to a movie which should make my problem clearer. (Need to download it, its called AAmovie.zip ,19.8MB)

ZIP file is here

My system specs are

Intel celeron 3.06Ghz processer
    1Gb DDR Ram
    80Gb hard drive
    Nvidia Geforce 5500 graphics card, I had the newest Driver BUT i had to downgrade it to get Flight Simulator 2004 to work properly.

Other games that have done the same thing are "Tachyon: the fringe" and Delta Force, Rogue Spear

If you need any more info just tell me and id be happy to give it to you.

Any help would be appreciated.

Titan_HQ

2. eyeblazin

eyeblazin Private First Class

OK any priest's here. I think we may need an exorcism done.

Jokes aside, what type of mouse are you using?

3. Titan_HQ

Titan_HQ Private E-2

I am using a Labtec Power Wireless desktop plus, Keyboard and mouse. Thinking about it the the @ key doesn't work, well it does but only by pressing shift+2

4. Titan_HQ

Titan_HQ Private E-2

I just changed the mouse and keyboard for my old ones, which worked on my old pc, no-change. Its still possessed.:eek: :mad:

5. eyeblazin

Assuming you have all the latest drivers for the Labtec. Did you attempt to make any changes to mouse settings in the game? Did you check the settings for the Labtec in the software for it? I assume it doesn't do this in any other game. After viewing the movie it looks like it does this only after loading the game and not in the front end of the game. I am not very familiar with the game though my son does play and has no problem with a lower end comp. We use trackballs though. Have you tried going to the game or Labtec website to see if anyone else has had this problem? As it does this with a wired mouse also I would first check the game website forum for patches or fixes. Did you uninstall the Labtec software when you switched back to the wired mouse? The Labtec software may be creating issues with the other mouse.

6. eyeblazin

Under most conditions, if a product fails on another system, it is usually defective. However, with wireless products, this is not always the case. Other environmental variables will affect the performance of wireless devices. These variables include battery life, interference, failure to connect (synchronize) the emitter to the receiver correctly, inserting the batteries incorrectly, etc.
    When you are testing a wireless device for failure, it is important that you test with a fresh set of batteries. After inserting the batteries according to the instructions, you may need re-synchronize the emitter wireless mouse to the receiver. To do this, press the "Connect" button on the receiver (small black button) and then press the "reset" button on the bottom of the mouse. Move the wireless device on the desktop to see if the cursor now moves on the screen.
    If you are using the Labtec Mini Wireless Optical M/N: M-RAW104, it ships with a mini dongle receiver that is paired with the mouse at the factory. Therefore, you should not need to be synchronize it.
    If the Labtec Wireless Device still does not function, please check to be sure the device detected correctly.
    When testing a wireless device, it is important to note that performance can be affected by other electrical devices in the area of the receiver, such as Zip drives, monitors, metal desks or desks lined with metal. In these cases, try moving these devices at least 8 inches (21 cm) away from the wireless devices. You can also resolve interference issues by moving the mouse closer to the receiver. You may also want to experiment with different locations and positions for the mouse or laptop.

I found this at the Labtec site. Also be sure you have the latest drivers for the equipment.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds