Thank you

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Belgarionpss, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Belgarionpss

Belgarionpss Private E-2

I have been plagued by a rather nasty and malicious adware bug for the last few days. It reared it's ugly head in a number of ways, changing my home web address to softwarereferral changed my desktop to a red screen with a bio sign in the centre, added 3 adware icons to the desktop, constant popups, slowed the PC to a crawl. My f-secure reported a vondue and reported nnnljhfv.dll as the problem but could not do anything with it.

I tried so many different free anti adware products but to no avail. I then found this forum and followed the "Read & Run Me First" post exactly. To my amazement the nasty seems to have gone away, where's some wood to touch. My only concern is that when I ran Combofix no log was produced, so I cant be sure that it ran correctly.

I haven't posted and asked for help directly, but just wanted to thank you peeps for producing such a useful guide. I hope if I do have further problems I can come to you for help, but in the mean time I'm very gratefull.

Bel

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's

"Your system might not be completely clean".

The only way to be sure is to run the scans and attach the logs.

That way the malware experts can check the logs to make sure your system realy is clean

3. Belgarionpss

Belgarionpss Private E-2

Hi Wildwolf & Kestral, thanks for the welcome.

Could you tell me the best way to proceed from this point. I have a number of logs resulting from following the guide, the only one missing is the combo fix, have no idea why a log was not generated from that programme.

Should I attach the logs within this post if someone is willing to view them for me, or should I begin a new thread. Very new here so any guidance would be very much appreciated.

4. wildwolf220

Hi. start a NEW thread HERE in the malware forum

THIS LINK will explain how to Attach the logs To Your Post

Good luck..

5. Belgarionpss

Belgarionpss Private E-2

Thanks

I'll go and post a thread now.

6. wildwolf220

I see you have posted in the malware forum.

Just be patient while you wait for a reply.

The malware forum can be realy busy but one of the experts will get back to you:)

Good Luck.

7. Belgarionpss

Belgarionpss Private E-2

They cirtainly have there hands full there, I've read through some of the other posts.

I'll hold tight and not pester them.

Thanks again

8. wildwolf220

your welcome:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds