Dell Inspiron 2600 Audio Driver will not install

Discussion in 'Software' started by scnoogle, Aug 16, 2008.

1. scnoogle

scnoogle Private E-2

I have a Dell Inspiron 2600. Audio stopped working - received 'no sound card'
    messages. I uninstalled the Audio Driver and tried to reinstall and now get a 'Error loading streamci. specified module could not be found. I tried to install in Safe Mode.......did not work. tried downloading and installing a Sigmatel Driver from Dell.....same message in regular and safe mode. Help! Mike

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. scnoogle

scnoogle Private E-2

Hi

Had not signed in so when I sent you my reply, asked to sign in and, when I signed in my message was gone so I will repeat.

Did as you suggested.
    1. Installed Intel chip without problem & shows in Device Manager as installed.
    2. Tried to install AC97 Audio Drivers and got the RUNDLL icon message 'Error loading STREAMCI.....specified module could not be found. When I hit 'OK' on RUNDLL icon. would not go away. Eventually, after repeatedly hitting 'ok' it disappeared & the installation progam itself indicated the drivers were installed. They are in the ADD/DELETE section of control panel as installed but are not in the Sound et,al., section of Device Manager.
    3. Tried to install in safe mode with same results.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds