37 year old Grandmother (Puma?) arrested for DUI with 3-year-old in car (Poll)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Major Attitude, May 14, 2010.

1. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

A 37 year old grandmother from St. Augistine Florida is behind bars after police say she was swerving across lanes of US1 while her 3 year-old grandson was in the back of the car. O.K I don’t know where to begin here. I’m no mathematician so I had to consult my wife for the intense math involved here who explained to me that it was possible, but you already knew that.

http://www.pedaltothemetal.com/inde...sted_for_dui_with_3_year_old_in_car_poll.html

2. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Shoot, I was a grandfather by 37.
    Now 58, and a great has been added in front of that.
    That one word makes you really feel the years creeping up on you.

3. Major Attitude

Better you then me I guess, my kids are all adults and keeping it wrapped up... so far

4. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Hoping I live long enough to have another "great" tacked on.

5. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Gilf .

:-D

EDIT No doubt her child and grandchild will be pillars of the community in a few years...

6. Major Attitude

lol, good one :)

7. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

So, if mother and daughter both gave birth when they were 17, a 3 year old granddaughter would work. As they say, the apple doesnt fall very far from the tree, so I predict the grandmother to be a great-grandmother in 14 years. LOL

8. Rikky

Apparently a woman can become a great grandmother as soon as she is able to conceive.

http://www.yahooanswerfail.com/prego-baby-fail/

Rednecks have evolved this way to keep their numbers up,when they have boys they are born with a string vest,visor and pony tail...

:-D

9. TimW

Sounds like a good project for you.....ask a bunch of pregnant women to let you try out that theory!! roflmao

10. Rikky

Sounds like a field experiment,not my cup of tea I'd have to leave the house,I prefer experiments I can do indoors preferably in my bedroom at my desk.

All kinds of scary things in the outdoor,like conversations and small talk about the weather :eek:cry

11. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

Grandfather at 45 . . . but it could have been sooner.

On one hand, it sucks to get older . . . but on the other, it's good to be the papaw!

Being the papaw wins! :major

LOL at Ricky ref the rednecks . . .

12. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

I didn't read the article, sounds worse then the age thing the fact that she was driving drunk with a child. Bad, Bad :(

Now the age part, I was a grandmother at 38, my daughter was 21. After that the rest joined in until there were 9 to date. No other teen mothers besides me:)

13. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

NINE?

Whoa!

14. Major Attitude

If you had, you would have seen it was just a poke at her and having some fun, but obviously the main issue was not forgotten. I had written my thoughts on that story for fun.

15. darlene1029

9 grandchildren from 4 children

16. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Darlene,

Christmas must be crazy, and fun, around your place!

17. darlene1029

Everyone's gone actually, kinda lonesome :cry

18. duigrandmother

duigrandmother Private E-2

Yes We live in Florida and I am NOT A WHORE....... Proud Grandmother..

19. TimW

Good to know.....wait!! Say what???

20. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Welcome aboard, I don't believe anyone outright said that, just that you were way too young as was your daughter. Since it was a DUI I can imagine that had something to do with your daughter being conceived. I'm not judging you, crap happens. I wish you well.

21. duigrandmother

I do not drink or do drugs I was very sick that day and over 80 miles from home, I was lost..... not drunk... The child neglect charge has been dropped and my lawyer is taking care of the dui , I will have my Day in court.....

22. Major Attitude

I live in Florida and can say 2 things.

1: The letters DUI are not in my nickname.
    2: I dont defend not being a whore out of the blue.

23. TimW

Sounds like an over zealous media. Anything for a ratings boost!! Hope you prove your case. :major

24. augiedoggie

Good, but don't they take blood tests first to confirm a field DUI finding? I don't know Floridian law, I'm afraid. If those tests proved negative then they shouldn't even continue the prosecution process.:confused Waste of everyone's time and money, except for the lawyer's of course.

25. Major Attitude

P.S I live down the road in Vero, co-owner here and PedalToTheMetal, let me know if it was updated, would love to have a happy ending, dont take it personally, we were having fun with the story. AND you did great on the "would you hit it" poll too!

26. TimW

Just from personal experience, if you are found innocent, you won't see any retractions in the media!! :(

27. Major Attitude

I will write her a nice story if she can send me some proof, publicize it on pedaltothemetal and here. The truth is the truth, just let me know at tim at pedaltothemetal.com

28. augiedoggie

+1 I hope I have to eat my words!:-D

29. duigrandmother

I am not taking any of this personal, My close friends and family keep sending me silly e-mails thats how I got to this page.... lol... I am really not a bad person I just thought I would let you Know...

30. phoenixrebornrising

phoenixrebornrising Private E-2

I have read of many situations such as yours, duigrandmother, people being harrassed and then accused of things untrue. As far as being a gradmother at age 37, my wife to be is 37 and is also a grandmother.

Interestingly, in 1856 Adult was legally defined as: "ADULT, in the civil law. An infant who, if a boy, has attained his full age of fourteen years, and if a girl, her full age of twelve. Domat, Liv. Prel. t. 2, s. 2, n. 8. In the common law an adult is considered one of full age. 1 Swanst. R. 553."

So, conceivably, if a woman had a child at age 13, and her child was a daughter and had a child at 13, then at 26 or 27, that woman could be a grandmother.

Keep in mind that 1856 was only 156 years ago, and that for millenniums, marrying at such a young age was socially acceptable. Things have changed a great deal in the last hundred and a half years.

I'm sorry to hear you were harrassed by overzealous officers (executives).

Best of luck to you!

31. silas

silas MajorGeek

Around here it was common and seen many times of woman having kids in 7th or 8th grade and many dropped out eventually. Heck I remember many having 3 kids by highschool.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds