mfc45.dll corrupted

Discussion in 'Software' started by skibug, Nov 16, 2012.

1. skibug

skibug Private E-2

I have had all sorts of issues with my laptop, Dell Inspiron 1525, for the last 2 weeks with it crashing with the "blue screen of death" nightly. A couple of nights ago, it crashed 4 times in 2 hours, so I finally caved in and reinstalled my OS...Windows Vista 32-bit...using the Dell re-installer from the F-8 system repair menu. First thing I did once I got the wireless network set up so I could get on the internet was re-install AVG Internet Security 2011. On it's initial scan, it has detected a corrupted executable file: C:\WINDOWS\System 32\mfc45.dll.

I know that the .dll files are the individual programs that make up the big picture, but that is about as far as that knowledge goes. I am at a point of "once bitten, twice shy" where I don't want to go through the nightmares of the constantly crashing system or worse yet, the system crashes and won't recover.

My options on the scan is to only remove the selected; however, with not knowing what larger program this dll belongs to, I don't know where to go to get a working file or a fix for it.

I am at a virtual impass.

Can someone help, please!!????!!

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend , welcome to MG's :major

You must uninstall some files manually

c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\AVG Antivirus 2011\
    c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\AVG Antivirus 2011\AVG Antivirus 2011.lnk
    c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\AVG Antivirus 2011\Uninstall.lnk
    c:\Program Files\AVG Antivirus 2011\
    c:\Program Files\AVG Antivirus 2011\avg.exe
    c:\WINDOWS\system32\iesafemode.exe
    %UserProfile%\Desktop\AVG Antivirus 2011.lnk
    %Temp%\OQ4C92F6.exe

if you aren't able to delete them this tool support you

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Unlocker_d4660.html

take a sharp eyed in this topic :wave

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-avg-antivirus-2011

4. skibug

skibug Private E-2

Ok. Thanks!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds