Cindy's father passed away

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by eclayton, Feb 12, 2005.

1. eclayton

eclayton Sgt. Shorts-cough

Cindy just called and told me her father just passed away. It went very quickly, and everyone was able to be there with him. Everyone is sad, but relieved that he is no longer suffering, as he was in a great amount of pain.

Kolya, Drexel, and I will be leaving tomorrow to be with the family. Kolya is doing very well with it, we had prepared her for it, and she knows he's not suffering anymore.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and support. I myself am also relieved that it is over, and that we can go out and be with everyone.

Eric

2. MrPewty

MrPewty MajorGeek

My condolences to your family Eric.
    It's a good thing at this time that you have such strong faith to lean on.

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I'm sorry to hear that he passed away.

My condolences as well.

4. N5638J

N5638J Guest

My condolences i know how it feels you lose a loved one atless he is not suffering anymore

5. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Cindy, please accept my heartfelt condolences for you and your family.:(

My father also passed away about three years ago. I do know how it feels to have someone that's been there all your life gone for good.

Eric, I'm sure you'll be grieving along with Cindy in this.

Take care.

6. scorcer

scorcer ajMro keGe

Condolences to you and your's cindy, your father is no longer suffering, we hope you find peace in that.

Scott & Patty

7. gal1998

gal1998 solo-cob

My condolences to your and your family. I am glad he didn't have to suffer too long at the end and is now at peace.

Gal

8. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

My deepest sympathies to you and Cindy for your loss, Eric :(

9. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Very sorry to hear this, my condolences to you and your family; will be in my thoughts.

10. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

My condolences too Eric. It's been a difficult time, for you in Chicago as well as for Cindy and her family in Philly. Sending Cindy out there was a gift from you to them, and I know she was a great comfort to them.

May his funeral be a celebration of what was good in his life, and a bonding of those left behind. God go with you.

11. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

It's wonderful that in his passing hour he could have so much love and support. We should all be so lucky when our times come. I'm sorry for your loss, and I'm glad the suffering has ended.

12. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

My condolences to Cindy, you and your family.

13. Solange

Solange Sergeant Major

I'm so sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathy!

14. HUDIK

HUDIK Sergeant

My condolences to you and you family. Loosing a parent is very sad.

15. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

My sincere condolences to your family Eric. My prayers and thoughts will be very much with you in the weeks ahead my friend

My warmest regards to you and your family

16. RexNoctis

RexNoctis Corporal

Very sorry to hear that, at least he is at peace now.

Look after Cindy.

Danny

17. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Cindy and her family will be in my thoughts...

18. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Eric,

I am very sorry to hear about Cindy's father. My sincere condolences to your family.

Steve

19. SilverD

SilverD Private E-2

So sorry to hear that, wishing you peace and love.

20. muskybob

muskybob Fish Tickler

My sincere condolences to Cindy and the family as well. Please convey my sympathy & wishes for many happy memories of him.
    Bob

21. slider

slider Major Wise-***

My heart goes out to you and Cindy. May he rest in peace, with no more suffering.

Love and prayers. Wayne

22. cindysnoopy

cindysnoopy Shotgun!

Thank you so much for all your warm wishes. It's been such an encouragement to me to check my email at the end of the day and find messages from my MG friends. It's been that extra support that really helped me through a couple of extra hard days. :)

Today was not a bad day. Wenchie was right, what more could you ask for? He was home, in his favorite chair, with his wife and all his children holding his hand and telling him how much he is loved, and that we were ready to let him go. He went so peacefully. His breathing had been slightly more labored through the night, and all of a sudden it was quiet. We sat down with him, and he breathed his last breathes much more relaxed. What more could you ask for? We sat around for about 45 minutes talking to him and telling stories before the hospice nurse came and then the funeral director (who is a family friend, making it that much easier) came and took his body. We spent the rest of the day making phone calls and telling stories. My brother John looked at me and said, let's all go down and make a big mess in his workshop and leave it! We all just about fell over laughing, because my Dad was meticulous about his tools. There are labels on everything, and signs all over his shop telling us kids to put things back when we're done. He had spelled out his last wishes so clearly, down to having typed up the directions to the restaurant he wanted us to go to after the funeral, so that all we had to do was photocopy it for the family.

We're going to have a viewing on Wednesday night and then the funeral on Thursday morning. I want Eric to be able to go away with his friends this weekend as they've had planned, so he will most likely be flying out Thursday night, but I will probably be staying with the kids here at my Mom's through the weekend. I think it will be a comfort to her to have the kids close by.

Thanks again for all your support. We really feel it.

23. mew2

mew2 Sergeant Major

((((cindy and eric)))) my deepest heartfelt sympathies... i lost my mom less than a year ago... and my dad 13 years ago.. i feel for you and your families.

Now that I am gone,
    remember me with smiles and laughter.
    And if you need to cry,
    cry with your brother or sister
    who walks in grief beside you.
    And when you need me,
    put your arms around anyone
    and give to them what you need to give to me.
    There are so many who need so much.
    I want to leave you something --
    something much better than words or sounds.
    Look for me in the people I've known
    or helped in some special way.
    Let me live in your heart
    as well as in your mind.
    You can love me most
    by letting your love reach out to our loved ones,
    by embracing them and living in their love.
    Love does not die, people do.
    So, when all that's left of me is love,
    give me away as best you can.
    -- Author unknown

Safely Home

I am home in Heaven, dear ones
    Oh so happy and so bright
    There is perfect joy and beauty
    In this everlasting light
    All the grief and pain are over
    Every restless tossing passed
    I am now at peace forever
    Safely home in Heaven at last
    Did you wonder how I so calmly
    Trod the valley of the shade?
    Ah but the love of God illumined
    Every dark and fearful glade
    And He came Himself to meet me
    In the way so hard to tread
    And with His arm to lean on
    Could I have one doubt or dread?
    Then you must not grieve so sorely
    For I love you dearly still
    Try to look beyond Earth's shadows
    Pray to trust our Father's will
    There is work still waiting for you
    So you must not idly stand
    Do it now while life remaineth
    You shall rest in our Father's land
    When the work is all completed
    He will gently call you home
    Oh the rapture of that meeting
    Oh the joy to see you come!
    -- Author unknown

24. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Having all his close family with him in his final moments will have sent him on his journey with a last loving memory of all who cared and loved him.

My deepest sympathy for all the family.

David

25. sibeer

sibeer MajorGeek

My sympathies to you guys. A close family in these situations is a shortcut on the healing path, and only a close family is able to appreciate a laugh born of such sadness.

26. LostGirls9

LostGirls9 MajorGeek

Cindy, I love you and I'm praying for you and I'm taking care of your room ;)
    I can't wait til you come home! We've got so much to talk about! :rolleyes:

27. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

Cindy,

GT did say it well. My prayers are with you and your family.

Ken

Psalm 23.

28. g1lgam3sh

g1lgam3sh MajorGeek

My deepest condolences

Jim

29. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

I'm sorry I\ve not replied earlier, should've checked back more regularly.
    however, I want to let you know you have my deepest sympathies and that I hope you'll come through it stronger :)
    I'll keep you, eric and the young'uns in my thoughts :)

30. Flash Animator

Flash Animator Private E-2

My deepest sympathy and condolences to You and everyone that knew him . I am extremely sorry for your loss.

Yet I am also glad to hear that he is no longer suffering .

Yours lovingly , T.O.G

31. lostkiwi

lostkiwi MajorGeek

Cindy and family, my deepest and most heartfelt condolences to you.

My prayers are with you.

32. Shadowchaser

Shadowchaser A Really Great Guy

Cindy and Eric, I'm so sorry that I have not been on MG more than I have. I am also sorry that I was unable to give more support to you than I was able to. I do wish you to know that I have been praying for your comfort and your support through our Lord Jesus and I see that he has answered those prayers with these wonderful people here at Major Geeks. Rest assured that your father is now at rest and is not suffering any longer. I will continue to keep you guys in our prayers and if there is anything else you need please let me know. May the Lord God keep you and bless you always.

Your friend,
    Jack Corzine

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds