Photo Enhancement software

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Caroloski, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Caroloski

Caroloski Private E-2

I need to know if anyone can help me enhance some photo's for a legal case. They were taken digitally, by someone else, and some are real fuzzy if you know what I mean, and I need help....

Thank you:wave

2. Caroloski

Caroloski Private E-2

Come on u guys, pls help......Carol

3. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

I don't think that anyone is unwilling to help, I think perhaps the problematic term is "legal case". that should really be handled by a licensed professional at the admisement of a lawyer. I don't think anyone wants so be subpoenaed to defend their work.

What's it for?

4. scorcer

scorcer ajMro keGe

yeah, you might want to give it some time for an answer, lot of peeps check in regular like. ;)

it's hard to expect a quick answer in the lounge

5. dnnyo

dnnyo Private First Class

6. dnnyo

dnnyo Private First Class

Sorry Caroloski, I tried to answer you three times and it seems I have RAM problems...
    -> crash

But there are ways to tweak photo's, my daughter (age 17), she does amazing things with pictures.
    simply using paint pro...
    Stand up in court? I'm not so sure about that, I mean I could make OJ Simpson look guilty with a little picture tweaking...roflmao

Seriously I downloaded 'Gimp" because I know some people who do awesome graphic pics, and I myself haven't got to 1st base yet...
    :wave

7. Caroloski

Caroloski Private E-2

Thank you all for your help,,,,,if need be, I will send photo's and have someone else enhange them, they are of tire tread.....I just have tried everything, help!!!!!!!!!!!:cry

8. Caroloski

Caroloski Private E-2

Really, it is only tire threads, and they seem fuzzy, no sup. will be necessary, just need to clean the pic's up to tell what it is..........thank you

9. Dreamer

Dreamer Corporal

I'll do it. PM me and we will go from there.

10. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I used to deal in photos for police and legal cases and if the USA is same as UK then you need a chain of ownership of evidence, this means that if a photograph has been edited or doctored, it needs to have written information on who did it, how they did it, date, address, qualification and signature.

In the most cases all I was permitted to do was recover digital or film images from camera and print and sign that these images where not enhanced in any way, a case can get thrown out on evidence that has been tampered with or has been edited by someone who does not have a professional background in image analysis so that they could stand up in court and defend their edits as crucial.

If you do edit the photo to make is clearer, then also take the unedited one, but as Wenchie said chat to your legal team first.

11. Caroloski

Caroloski Private E-2

Dreamer: my email addy is CarolLaFountaine AT msn.com, send me an email, and I'll send you the pic's....thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2008
  12. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Guess you like spam?

13. Caroloski

Caroloski Private E-2

Nnnnooooooooooooooooooooo

14. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

Ooooh someone else to add to my Mailing list... muahahaa

15. Caroloski

Caroloski Private E-2

Oh please, dont......i didn't even think of that, very trusting here.....ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

16. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

edit your post and take it out sweet pea. :) You can trust us, but not the internet at large

17. Caroloski

Caroloski Private E-2

i HOPE THIS IS OKAY

18. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

You have to go back to the post that has it and hit the little edit button on the left or ask an administrator to edit it out for you even writing it out as word at email dot com would be better, because it's not an easy click and send, But you probably want to send it in a PM.

19. Caroloski

Caroloski Private E-2

Thank you, thank you thank you! I couldn't find the edit keys
    duh......

20. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

No problem :)

But I'm still putting you on my mailing list... muahaha

21. Caroloski

Caroloski Private E-2

rofl

22. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Never mind. Just read MA's edit. Time for a nap.

23. Caroloski

Caroloski Private E-2

Ok, how did you do that??????

24. Caroloski

Caroloski Private E-2

u are the brat too, I think

25. Caroloski

Caroloski Private E-2

Major, you are a sweetheart.......

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds