IE This Page Cannot Be Displayed Issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by sinister0140, May 9, 2013.

1. sinister0140

sinister0140 Private E-2

Hey everyone, I use to always use this site and its been great, always resolved my issue, many thanks, but anyways I recently came across a problem. My father just got a new computer, the OS is Windows 8 and it was working fine up until he updated it today and now when he tries to connect to IE it says This page cannot be displayed. Not really sure what the problem could be and I haven't had much look researching it.

The internet connection is fine, it says its connected and I tried going under internet options and resetting, that seemed to work after restarting the computer, yahoo popped up but after I went to another page I got that message again. Any ideals? Thanks for any help, highly appreciated.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. sinister0140

sinister0140 Private E-2

Not really sure, Windows 8 is so frustrating to navigate through, but it seems to work fine after I uninstalled Norton Anti-virus, maybe that was causing firewall issues or something.

4. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Might be a good idea to verify Windows Firewall is enabled since you uinstalled Norton. To check, here's one way. Go to the Start screen, the Windows 8 screen that shows all the tiles. Just start typing Control, anywhere on that screen. You'll see Control Panel appear. Click on it. Then, you can find Windows Firewall, just as you would in Windows 7.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds