Uninstaller needed

Discussion in 'Software' started by Endi, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Endi

Endi Lt. Links

I am looking for a good uninstaller. I have used several out ther but they all come up short. They all do the same thing and just use the uninstaller that comes with the software you are trying to uninstall anyways. Why would I pay for a program that does what windows does with the add and remove feature. I am looking for a program that wil be able to delete all traces of the programs and even remove the registry entries that they leave. Some programs are very hard to remove if not even imposible and most leave the registry entries behind. some even leave folders, files and dlls that can cause problems. If you know of any good uninstallers out there please advise.

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

can you slap us with a list of what software you've tried already so we don't waste our and your time posting the same software to you?

3. Endi

Endi Lt. Links

I have used

I have used the following

Ashampoo concept is great if it would work. (maybe the lastest version would???)

Your uninstaller 2003 ( might as well be the windows uninstaller)

Ace Utilities which by the way does more than just uninstall I use this one all the time but the uninstaller works just like the windows uninstaller.

System Mechanic same thing

I use several programs that clean out my system they all work together and do a good job but I am more thinking of a program that somehow traces everything that a program installs and then is able to remove it (all of it)

I use spybot, ad aware regsupreme ace utilites and do my own work on the registry. so far so good.

I know for a fact that some programs register themselves so deep in the registry that one cannot find them no matter how much patience and effort is used. I have tried to learn the secrets of the registry but some things still are not known to me.

4. Endi

Endi Lt. Links

I suspected

that such program is not available. I had to give it a try and ask

thank you all very much for the input.

5. Aurelius

Aurelius Private First Class

As Robo said, it's a good idea to revert to an earlier registry state after uninstalling a program. For that purpose I have been using Fix-It Utilities with its System Save/Restore option (it saves or restores registry and other important system files).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds