PLEASE HELP! Redirect/google/browser probs

Discussion in 'Software' started by tazz229, Aug 25, 2010.

1. tazz229

tazz229 Private E-2

Right im runnin win7 ultimate...
    When i google summat and click the link 9 times out of 10 it redirects me, not to to google5 one i got rid of that using combofix now its started wid all kind of pharmacutical sites and god knows what. its just taken me best part of twenty mions to get to this forum. Its not just google links either it seems to be a browser prob in general and its the same wid firefox and IE.
    Im running AVG Pro and SuperAntiSpy PRO both are up to date and reporting no problems....
    For instance i just tried to look on HP website for a new batt and avg is reporting the site as a threat i know fine well its not!!
    Im not a newb wid computers so this is really startin to hack me off and im about 2 clicks away from a full format which i really cant be arsed with.
    Any ideas guys??

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, tazz229...

I would follow the steps listed in the Read and Run Me First thread in the MG Malware Forum - sounds like you've got some hijacking going on, despite what is being reported by your security software...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds