join up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lotus8, Jul 9, 2009.

1. lotus8

lotus8 Private E-2

sorry couldnt find a link to ask this question but how do i join to start helping others? i dont wanna post help without going through proper channels. any info would help thx.:major

2. lotus8

lotus8 Private E-2

how do i get certified i work for a retail company doing computer repair everything from virus removal to all repair issues id love to help out. thx

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

What do you mean by "certified"? If you're referring to an industry standard like A+ Certification or Microsoft or Cisco, etc, then you'd just do a bit of Googling to find out the requirements. I'm A+ certified as a bench tech which required passing 2 tests at a local testing center. Combined, the 2 tests cost about $300 or so. I didn't take any classes or buy any study materials or books or anything, I just took the tests about a month apart and passed. Not a big deal, but I'd been working on PCs off and on for over 20 years and about 5 years professionally 6 days a week 10 hours a day.

4. lotus8

lotus8 Private E-2

so what do u need to do to answer malware questions hre at mg?

5. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

You can't. When I first reg'd here at MG I also tried to answer some malware questions and was denied. I think the owners and admins here have the malware section covered really well. Unless you can write scripts for ComboFix and read an MGtools log and HJT log like the Sunday paper, your expertise is probably best suited to helping others in the Software, Hardware, and other forums here at MG. If you really think you are cut out for malware forum help, I suppose you could try contacting the owners/admins, but the malware fighters are 'on call' 24/7 (or so it seems) so you'd really have to be commited to the cause and have the time and know-how.... I can read the log reports, but script writing is beyond my abilities, for now anyway.... ;)

6. lotus8

lotus8 Private E-2

yea bit outta my league i guess i will say malwarebytes is the best freeware out there and if people wouldnt use limewire they could avoid 90% of thier troubles. Nice chattin with ya take care.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds