Specific FTP sites not connecting

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cerial, Mar 5, 2010.

1. cerial

cerial Private E-2

hey folks,

i'm having a little problem with my laptop and certain ftp sites. while it will connect fine to my own server at mediatemple, microsoft and mozilla's ftps, when i try to connect to another site i'm working on, casanostrainteriores.com.br, i get a:
    Connection attempt failed with "EACCES - Permission denied". error.]

This also is happening with Novells FTP server.

This is happening with all FTP apps I've tried filezilla, flashFXP & fireftp, putty & ftp from CMD.

I've tried reseting windows firewall & turning it off, turning off my firewall (comodo), adding new app & port rules, reseting app and port rules, pretty much everything i can think of, but to no avail!

so please, if this is something you recognize, help would be greatly appreciated :)

thanks

bren

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

if you have comodo, then it should have already turned the windows firewall off. Do any of your ftp programs give you a log of the connection attempt? Either you have the address/port wrong, or more likely it's a firewall issue.

3. cerial

cerial Private E-2

yeah, i generally turn off the windows firewall when i install a 3rd party one anyways.

the only logs i could find was:

Status: Resolving address of ftp.casanostrainteriores.com.br
    Status: Connection attempt failed with "EACCES - Permission denied".
    Error: Could not connect to server

Status: Connection attempt failed with "EACCES - Permission denied".
    Error: Could not connect to server

and then i go hit mozilla and:

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
    Response: 220-
    Response: 220- ftp.mozilla.org / archive.mozilla.org - files are in /pub/mozilla.org
    Response: 220-

its just bugging me that it is connecting to some of my servers and not to others! ports, addys etc are all fine, firewalls are off and i'm still getting the above response..

4. jconstan

jconstan MajorGeek

What anti virus are you running?

5. cerial

cerial Private E-2

comodo internet sec.

6. jconstan

jconstan MajorGeek

Can you turn it off and try?

7. cerial

cerial Private E-2

done and still the same "Connection attempt failed with "EACCES - Permission denied"."

8. jconstan

jconstan MajorGeek

Hummmm most of the time this is a firewall or anti virus issue. How much of a problem would it be to deinstall comodo run the FTP and reinstall comodo if it doesn't work?

9. cerial

cerial Private E-2

well that did the trick! uninstalled & then reinstalled the new comodo suite fresh from their site.. now i'm connecting without a problem..

thanks again

bren

10. jconstan

jconstan MajorGeek

No problem......happy FTP'ing

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds