Stuttering problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CubanSpy, Jan 22, 2007.

1. CubanSpy

CubanSpy Private E-2

Every no and then I get this most annoying problem with my PC. A problem that may be linked to overheating.

Sometimes when running big programmes like MS FLight Sim or Footy manager or say Battlefield online other times it happens just as I surf around, after a while my py seems to stutter, my mouse pointer stops funtioning normally, like i will move it from left to right and the pointer either doesnt move at all or catches up after a few seconds. I regularly check the thermal compound on both the heatsink and processor and replace it if neccessary.

It doesnt happen all the time so I'm really at a loss as to what is going on.

Any ideas, I have an AMD 3000+ 1gb of ram, and a Nvidia 5500 card.

Cheers

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

It is a problem but is common with most computers when the hardrive is loading soemthing new into either the system memory for example starting a new application or textures into the video memery such as a new landscape loading in MS flight sim

Check to see if the stuttering is related to hardrive activity either by listening or watching the harddrive light when it happens :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds