hard drive is FULL!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by jedi123, Feb 23, 2010.

1. jedi123

jedi123 Private E-2

hello there Major Geeks... I recently unistalled adobe master suite cs3 plus a few other non related programmes from my pc with Revo uninstaller. My usual practice is to run the uninstallation then run CCleaner afterwards to tidy up everything. When this happened I noticed after CCleaner had run it course( clean up, registry clean up etc) that my tera byte hard drive had become completely full. Now before the unistallation I had around 60% free disk space. I also noticed that adobe acrobat was trying to reinstall after a restart and then I would get an error message from windowsC++ saying that Acrobat had requested an abrupt close. This always happens if I try and open a document in 'my documents'. And that on a few occasions, once I have cancelled the installation of acrobat, that windows explorer crashes and has to restart.
    I then used the trial version of tune up utilities 2008. I ran the ''tune up disk explorer' and it reported that the files taking up most he space were mm University work folders and tutorial folders, which equates to around 250gb of storage. in total, I have around 400gb of used space. I then ran the tune up disk doctor. And after a complete analysis at start up, I was able to free up around 150 gb of storage. I then zipped up all my tutorials and videos and was able to free up another 60gb of hard drive space.. I then defragmented the disk(which took 3 days). Great then.. Sorted.. but no.. I ran CCLeaner once more, just the clean up utility this time, which took a night to complete, I checked it this morning and alas... My hard drive is completely full once more.. I'm really scratching my head on this( and beginig to think that the best soloution would be to throw this damn thing through a window)... What is wrong with my hard drive!!! please help... anybody ppllleeaasse!!!! Oh and by the way... its an NFTS hard drive

All advice would be gratefully recieved... thank you... paul.

2. jedi123

jedi123 Private E-2

Oh... i'm using vista ultimate...
    and nOW Windows explorer keeps crashing everytime I try and run a search....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds