Gateway Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GaHHH, Jan 12, 2011.

1. GaHHH

GaHHH Private E-2

Hey guys I have had a NV55C Gateway Laptop for about 2 months now and didn't have any problem with it until recently. Everytime I start the computer my desktop show the options as if I was right-clicking when I'm not and it won't let me click on anything either. When I open the task manager however it stops and I can click things but my right-click and scroll on my touchpad don't work. I run Windows 7 and everything runs fine with a usb mouse.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Sounds like you need to reinstall the touchpad driver, since a mouse works okay.

3. GaHHH

GaHHH Private E-2

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Look at the vendor names. Is your touchpad ELANTECH or synaptics? You download the driver for the hardware on your notebook.

After you download, you go into device manager, highlight your touchpad, select properties and in the box that comes up select the Driver tab. There you can update, uninstall or rollback the driver.

5. GaHHH

GaHHH Private E-2

Ok so I updated the driver and now my computer stopped the automatic right clicking thing but my right click and scroll dont work any suggestions?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds