Just a quick question...

Discussion in 'Software' started by PrincessAngie, Jan 21, 2006.

1. PrincessAngie

PrincessAngie Private E-2

Hi Guys and gals.
    I recently purchased my compouter from a rent to own outfit. A OS or recovery disk was not provided with my purchase... How would I go about procuring one? Or is it necessary to purchase the OS disk new?

Oh yeah...I am currently running XP Home...

And what are the major differences between Pro and Home?

Thanks all!

2. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

It's good to have an OS disc in case you ever need it for a reinstall or repair. They should have given you one, I would check with them before I bought one. If you do buy one, it will be at least $80 so think before you buy. The best places to buy software are Newegg.com and Buy.com, for best prices that is.

It's up to you whether you get a disc or not, but if your not familiar with running it and installing windows it would probably be better just to take it to your local computer shop if you ever need a reinstall or anything. This would save the money for the disc, but it's up to you.

There are hundreds of differences between WinXP Home and Professional. See the site below and you will have some ideas of the differences. WinXP Professional is better for networking and things like this but for a personal home computer, Home is the best.

Windows XP Comparison Guide

3. PrincessAngie

PrincessAngie Private E-2

Why thank you, BJ Garrick!

4. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

Your Welcome!:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds