Can Not Connect to ISP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zephra, Feb 2, 2006.

1. zephra

zephra Private First Class

Hi,
    My brother in law got a old computer on windows 98.He signed up for Charter High Speed.I can not connect his computer.His Nic Card has no conflicts under device manager.It apperars to be good.I tried to set him up To connect through LAN and that looks ok.He tried the Software CD that came from Charter and It only works on 98SE.Which he does Not have.When I go to IE it automaticly redirects to Charter's self installation site and we can't accept the licesnce agreement because his Video driver is not loaded and I do not have the driver cd and This screen will not let you scroll down for some Reason.I can though ping his IP Adrress.
    The Charter tech came down today and ssaid he had a bad signal and fixed it and his little "box" said it was ok now.Yet he could not get past this issue that we are experiencing.When I got charter set up at my place a year ago I had a self install cd and I told the Tech I did not want additonal software and he called the front office and I had internet.
    Does this sound like a DNS DHCP issue?This is not my forte.
    Thanks,

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

Seems to me that it is tiem to upgarde the OS.

:D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds