Disable Annoying Zonealarm Popups

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kevyn, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Kevyn

Kevyn Private E-2

I've been using Zonealarm Pro for the past 3-4 years. During this time, I have found the outbound protection pointless and have thus, disabled it as much as possible and never had any problems:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

However, with the latest version, 7.0.462.000, disabling the outbound protection as much as possible still results in those annoying popups, which never occurred in the versions prior to 7.0.462.000 with all outbound protection off.

Opening up IE7 for the first time and clicking the tools button results in a popup:

[​IMG]

...installing updates from Windows Update gives a popup:

[​IMG]

...and even trying to change my user account picture throws the popup at me:

[​IMG]

Although the particular popup goes away after I check the check box, it is still very annoying the first time around. So, does anyone have any suggestions?

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

The outbound protection you've turned off is the firewall.
    The popups you are seeing have to do with the anti-spyware or the anti-virus protection. If you don't want popups ; disable realtime monitoring for the antivirus and/or antispyware or replace the ZA suite with just a firewall.

3. Kevyn

Kevyn Private E-2

Nope, the anti-spyware and anti-virus protection have always been turned off. The popups are strictly a result of the outbound (program) protection, even though I have disabled as much as I could. Also, this is the only version of Zonealarm Pro; it unfortunately includes the anti-spyware protection and anti-virus monitoring (not any actual anti-virus). The popups are always about allowing programs to access other programs, or any other "suspicious" activity.

4. Kevyn

Kevyn Private E-2

Thanks for all the help. Would be nice if someone could at least point me to another site or forum where I could actually find some information on this...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds