Adaptec UDF Reader ? ,Help plz

Discussion in 'Software' started by Marlene3369, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Marlene3369

Marlene3369 Private First Class

What is "Adaptec UDF Reader" I think this is part of my Old Easy Creator Program that I unistalled about 4 wks ago. The reason I ask is, Adaptec UDF Reader is not in my Add and Remove Programs list,but it is in Uninstall Programs in CCleaner. I go to uninstall it in CCleaner and It gives me an error,,,Cannot uninstall attempt to delete one or more files have failed ,,,error code 0X00000002.
    The odd thing is that if I do a search in Fine all files all hiden folders I come up with nothing. Can someone tell me what's going on,plzzzzzzzz
    I'm using DeepBurner now and it works just fine.
    Marlene
    Hugs

Recently Upgraded from Me to XP Pro
    HP 775
    640 Ram
    40 G's HD

2. RayDunne

RayDunne Corporal

Yes, you're right about where it came from. I had a problem similar to yours, but it was a couple of years ago. I do remember it being a PITA. Had to get rid of files and registry entries. Sorry can't help more now. I think I got help from Adaptec E-mail support? :eek:

3. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

if your system is working fine then just leave it alone. I've delt with the UDF reader in XP. uninstalling it will probably hose your cd-rom device drivers and you'll have to go into the registry to make them work again. As long as the program isn't running in the backround (check the task manager) then I wouldn't worry about the orphaned files.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

UDF reader was part of DirectCD

if you had EZCD Creator 4, 5 or 6 you could use this app from Roxio to remove any reminents ( not used it personally ) http://tools.roxio.com/support/tools/roxizap.exe

another thing is to do a search for UDF* and see if you can find an uninstaller?

Edit : good point FW

5. Marlene3369

Marlene3369 Private First Class

I done a search and found the uninstaller,but I received the same message,,,,cannot remove,yada yada yada. I think this is not something to lose sleep over,I just was wondering about this UDF Reader. My system is working very well ( knock on wood ),then I will let a sleeping dog lie.
    Thank to all,
    Hugsssssssssss
    Marlene

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds