Is this a Major Geeks page?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cabbiinc, Apr 1, 2013.

1. cabbiinc

cabbiinc Staff Sergeant

http://www.reimageplus.com/lp/major...adgroup=direct&ads_name=direct&keyword=direct

I clicked on one of the ads on a MG page (forget which one, I believe it was from http://www.majorgeeks.com/Recuva_Portable_d5514.html ) and was led to this. It looks like a MG page, but the URL isn't MG (obviously) and the links on the side lead to who knows where, I'm not clicking on them. Maybe I'm just a little taken back by the cloning of a MG page and it's all on the up and up but I thought I'd at least say that there's another website out there that looks like a mjorgeeks webpage yet isn't, nor does it lead back to majorgeeks.

Attaching a screenshot of the page.

Attached Files:

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Yes, it is the download page for that utility.

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  4. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Administrator Staff Member

They kinda cloned the MG page for their MG ad page --- They asked permission first, I didnt see any harm in it. However, if it is causing distrust, maybe we should rethink that.

5. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

All of the links in the left column of that page seem to lead to the "Reimage Repair" download page:

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds