Problem with MBR after trying boot XP with Hiren's BootCD (on the flash drive)

Discussion in 'Software' started by mongdish, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mongdish

mongdish Private E-2

I've just tried booting Windows XP (SP3) with Hiren's BootCD (15.1) on the flash drive , just to make sure that the program work with the drive , and it worked well but then I remove the flash drive my notebook still trying to find for a file call "grldr"(which is a part of Hiren's BootCD process file) and of course the file cannot be found because I've removed the flash drive.So how can I make it normal like before? Even it's not a big problem because I've just have to wait for 5 seconds then the process will boot on previous MBR which is back to normal but it seem to be unusual and annoying for the user.

-I've set the harddisk on primary as well.

This is what the boot process mention:

Try (hd0,0) : NTFS5 : No grldr
    Try (hd0,1) : invalid or null
    Try (hd0,2) : nvalid or null
    Try (hd0,3) : nvalid or null
    Try (fd0) : invalid or null
    Cannot find GRLDR
    Press space bar to hold the screen , any other key to boot previous MBR...
    Timeout : 5...4...3...2...1...0 > (then it will boot on previous MBR which is the original one that work normal)

-What should I do with this ? I've search for many solutions which are :

1.Boot with Windows XP CD > Mode Recovery > fixmbr > fixboot
    2.On dos type fdisk /mbr , on Windows use Patition Magic(delete partition then create and allocate the new one)
    3.Use the program from Hiren's BootCD , then which program I should use and what command I should type please give the details step by step.

And will the datas in my notebook lost or damaged ,then should I prevent by backing up or ghost or do something or it is very safe to fix MBR by using your resolution.

Respectfully

Thank you so much :)

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Can't help you here. We don't list Hirens on Majorgeeks because it is loaded with pirated software. Don't post it again, as you already have, because we will not help you with it.

Sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds