Wave Volume Keeps Sliding to Zero. MBR problem?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Gregeno, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gregeno

Gregeno Private E-2

Hi!
    Three days ago I tried to listen to a song on my computer and no sound came out. I checked all the physical plugs to my speakers and they were fine. I looked at my drivers and nothing was wrong. I double clicked my volume control to find that the wave slider had been brought down to zero. I slid it back up and closed the volume control, However still nothing was coming out. I looked again to see it had returned to zero. The slider keeps moving to zero on its own at regular intervals between fifteen and sixty seconds.
    I've scanned my computer with Advanced system care 7.2 several times but it says I'm good.
    A friend of mine said it might be a problem with my MBR. So I ran MBR Check and I have two affected MBR codes. Sadly I know zero about MBR codes.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm uploading an attachment with the MBR check report if it helps.

Attached Files:

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi, Gregeno. Welcome to Major Geeks. :)

Have a look at this thread. The Unknown MBR may not be a ptoblem because it could be a custom partition created by the computer manufacturer although, it seems rather large (80 GB). At any rate, it wouldn't affect the mixer in XP. Is the computer exhibiting any other abnormal behavior?

3. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

The MBR is infected!
    I've asked for the this post/thread to be moved to Malware removal.
    I'm sure.:)
    Cheers..

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds