familiar with dvdflick?

Discussion in 'Software' started by jaymil30, Jan 28, 2009.

1. jaymil30

jaymil30 Private E-2

Is there a way to convert PAL to ntsc format on dvdflick? when i try to the picture on the final dvd is "jumpy". Any suggestions on how to correct this? thanks!

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I'm not 100% sure that your jumpy videos are caused entirely by a NTSC/PAL problem. Try burning at a lower speed, and don't use the PC at all when converting/burning a video. However, to answer your question, click "Project Settings" up at the top of the DVDFlick main window, then click "Video" and you'll see the setting you're after. The drop-down menu on the top line has the settings for PAL, NTSC, etc. I attached a screen shot below...

Attached Files:

3. jaymil30

jaymil30 Private E-2

I always set that to ntsc. However after i dl a movie and find its in PAL format, when i convert its jumpy. if i find that it is ntsc already then convert it i have no problems. i do set my speed as low as possible, and don,t run my pc when using dvdflick. is there a way to check what format the movie is before dl? i usually only see fps, and i don't know how to tell which fps corresponds with which format. once in awhile it will say ntsc or pal, but not always. could u explain which fps is what? btw thank u for taking the time to respond and try to help me!!!!!!

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

25fps is PAL; 29.97fps and 23.97fps (much less common than 29.97) are NTSC. More info about PAL and NTSC can be found at the following sites:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC
    You can try converting the source files to NTSC before converting them to DVD by using SUPER or Media Coder, or you could try a different program to convert the source files to DVD. MediaCoder and SUPER both will do it, so will FAVC, but these programs do not burn and you'll need to do the burning part of the project with Nero or one of the great freeware apps here at Major Geeks (I like AShampoo6 and BurnAware).

:-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds