Avira Uninstall Help

Discussion in 'Software' started by deegazzo, Jun 25, 2014.

1. deegazzo

deegazzo Private First Class

I am trying to uninstall Avira and want to try Panda Cloud. I went into my control panel to uninstall, received an error that it was already uninstalled do I want to remove from the list. I restarted my pc and tried manually removing leftover files with no luck. I'm getting the message that it has to be done by a pc administrator. I am the pc administrator on my pc. My account is the only user account and set to administrator. Any help or advice?
    I have a HP Pavilion All in One PC with win7.
    Also, with win defender on my pc, do I need another virus program?

2. StruldBrug

StruldBrug Sergeant

Is there any indication that AVIRA is running after computer startup; icon in the tray or listed in task manager, etc?

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Win Defender in Windows 7, not to be confused with a different program but using the same name in Win 8, is not very good. I'd use another av program.

Go here, download this and run it
    http://www.techsupportall.com/avira-uninstall-tool/

you may get errors because you tried to partially remove it incorrectly but just keep going and then reboot.

Note: never try to remove a security program by using Windows add/remove option. Most every security program has an uninstaller.
    If it does not this program, http://www.appremover.com/
    can remove lots of security programs.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds