Low memory reported after Win 8.1 upgrade

Discussion in 'Software' started by Alex30, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Alex30

Alex30 Private First Class

Hi,
    I recently upgraded to Win 8.1 and now I am constantly getting an error message.Win 8.1 is constantly reporting that my system has low memory and I need to close programs in order to resolve it, when in fact the system has loads of memory to spare.
    The issue seems to occur when the system has been idle for some time with only background processes running.
    I have 8GB of Ram and pagefile is set to be managed by the system. Checking memory usage in Task Manager at the time of the error message shows only less than a couple of GB in use. The message is obviously being falsely generated and others have had the same problem after updating to Win 8.1 but I have been unable to find a fix. Does anyone know how to stop this happening apart from going back to win 8 ?

2. davidmartin123

davidmartin123 Private E-2

It could be because of some technical reasons. Why don't you restart the machine.

3. Alex30

Alex30 Private First Class

Hi David,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have restarted the machine and done a load of searching on the net to try and sort this.
    It seems that quite a lot of others are having the same issue after they updated to Win 8 so I am convinced that it is a bug in the OS but I just cannot come up with a fix yet.
    No doubt, in time , the bug will be fixed but I would rather overcome it sooner rather than later ,if that is possible.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds