Want to buy external harddrive for DVD Backup . . .

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Wizry11, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Wizry11

Wizry11 Private First Class

What kind of external harddrives are worthwhile?? Maxtor sems a pretty decent company . . i'm new to this and curious as to what i should look for - want around 200 GB for dvd image backups . . . good price / good company / large capacity . . . any suggestions?

Thank you

Wiz

2. Wizry11

Wizry11 Private First Class

something like this??

TEAC AMERICA
    200 GB 7200 RPM USB External Hard Drive

or this??

MAXTOR - 200 GB 7200 RPM OneTouch External USB 2.0 Hard Drive

3. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

I went with this solution from cool drives External bays with pull out cases so you can use any drive you want & there are usb2 & firewire combo versions. Why limit yourself to a *fixed* external drive?

4. jcm996

jcm996 Private E-2

I was at Sam's Club the other day and they had a 250 external firewire or usb 250GB drive. for like $150 or less. It was a brand name, just can't remeber who. Maxtor, WD or Seagate. Just basicallt plug and go, take it to a friends or work.

The pull out drives are ok, but you can't just take them anywhere. I have one bay on my PC with that also.

5. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Why cant you take them anywhere? They are just like those fixed drives...
    What is the difference in this & this .
    You are think about a bay mounted pull out drive.. I was talking about external enclosure with a bay in it.
    They are both *mobile*, but one you are not confined to the selection of HD.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds