.vir files

Discussion in 'Software' started by rocker4203, Oct 25, 2014.

1. rocker4203

rocker4203 Private E-2

Recently I ran into a problem and I'm not sure what did this but somehow a .vir has been attached to my personal photos that I have taken. I'm not sure if it was MalwareBytes or Norton that locked these files but it didn't do it to all of them. It seems like it happened after a scheduled virus scan but I can't for the life of me figure out why it locked some but not all.

Is there a program that can restore JPeg files? I have looked all over the net and really haven't seen anything so here I am begging for assistance! Any help would be tremendously appreciated!

2. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Welcome to MGs, rocker4203. :)
    You received sound advice from the Norton Community.
    https://community.norton.com/forums/vir-files

You have alredy started a thread in a Malware Removal forum on another tech site. You need to read the last pinned/sticky (Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide) and paste the OTL log for review.

Cheers..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds