Reset BIOS to Factory Specs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stilettodescorpio, May 26, 2005.

1. stilettodescorpio

stilettodescorpio Private E-2

Hi Geeks,

Here the thing. I'm trying to help a friend who has a HP6409.

His kid got into the BIOS, selected advanced and then set the first memory address to reserved.

I had a look at the thing and when it starts up it gives one long beep followed by a series of short beeps, then a blank screen. Any attempt to get into the BIOS by using the F1 key results in a long series of beeps when the thing gets up and sits there. There is no HP screen during the boot up.

Is it possable to reset the BIOS to the factory spec some how.

If anyone can help, please do.

Cheers,
    stilettodescorpio

2. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

Pull the CMOS battery from the motherboard, you can't miss it, it's the only battery on the MoBo. Let it set for a minute or so put the battery back in and restart the computer.

3. stilettodescorpio

stilettodescorpio Private E-2

Shadow_puter_Dude,

Thanks awfully mate. Ya know when I thought about what you said, I hadta kick myself for not thinking of it myself. ((grey hair and memory are a fact of life 'ey))

However there's one other thing which I guess why Johno's kid got in there in the first place. When she starts up, it says "Error - Resource conflict PCI in slot 01 Bus:00 Device:OC Function:00"

Does this mean the card in slot one should be moved because its in conflict with another device?

Thanks again, it werked just fine after poppin da battery out.

Have a good one Dude,
    stiletto

4. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

The card in slot 1 is requesting an IRQ that is in use by another card. Go into the BIOS and make sure PCI IRQ steering is enabled. This should automatically resolve conflicts between PCI devices.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds