vista update problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by languy99, Nov 14, 2007.

1. languy99

languy99 Corporal

hey guys I just upgraded from windows xp pro to vista ultimate. The upgrade went fine and after updating some drivers everything was good. Some of the updates were working and some were not, they kept failing constantly and they had an error code of 80070643, i tired all of the fixes i could find and finally i said ok i'll reinstall. So i reinstalled and now i can't even install the windows update software 7.0.6000.374 i get error 80070643 with it. So i saw the error was related to ms office. I uninstalled ms office 2003 completely and i an still getting the error. Its driving me nuts and i an really regretting go to vista.

2. languy99

languy99 Corporal

ok i figured out the problem, i had to download the windows update software manually and go into safe mode to install it. Now i can get the updates and all that but i once they go through the install and restart they fail. no matter what i do they fail. i even manually downloaded the updates and spent over 1 1/2 hours installing them and they fail again. vista is really starting to get on my nerves.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds