How do I open a link in a seperate winow

Discussion in 'Software' started by mike2op, Dec 4, 2005.

1. mike2op

mike2op Private First Class

Hi,

I want to download many many links on from one web page.

Usually I right click & choose open in a new window to open each page in a seperate window. But it will take a long time to download over a 1000 web pages.

Is there a setting somewhere that I can change so that it will automatically open each web page in a seperate window when I click a link on a web page.

Thank You
    Mike

2. comperroruter

comperroruter Darth Meatloaf

What browser are you using?

3. mike2op

IE 6

4. funky munky

funky munky Staff Sergeant

Right click on the link and click on "open in new window"

5. comperroruter

I have not been able to find any information stating that it is possible. But, I found site that has an add-in that will supposedly do this for you. I do not know the site, nor am I recommending it. It is your decision if you want to try the app. Good luck.

http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/pagelinks.html

6. funky munky

funky munky Staff Sergeant

I should have read before i said anything.

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Not at a Windows machine right now, but I believe ctrl-left mouseclick on a URL will open it in a new window.

8. comperroruter

I think they are asking how to open multiple links at the same time, each in a different window. Forgive me if I am mistaken.

9. mike2op

Hi All,

I found the way.

Shift + Left click the link.

Now how do I open it maximised ?

It opens as small window & I have to click on top right button that says "maximize" & that requires one more click. I would like to open the link not only in a seperate window but also as a full maximized window.

Thanks

10. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Yes, it's shift and left click.

To have the window permanently maximised, have only one window open, then place the cursor on each side and drag it to the desired size.

Once there, hold down the Ctrl key and click on the red X in the top right-hand corner.

Next window that opens should be the same size.

If that fails, hold down the Ctrl key and click File --> Close.

(If all that fails, try the Shift key)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds