Cannot Locate LDAP Server (81)

Discussion in 'Software' started by bbsan, Jun 6, 2007.

1. bbsan

bbsan Private E-2

I have used Outlook 2003/Windows XP since it came out. Until today, it's worked just fine. I receive and reply to people outside my addressbook, all the time.

However, I received an email from an address I've never seen before. The email came with a PDF attachment. Did I open it? Yes, I did. It was from my husband. Do we trust him? Why yes, we do.

Whenever I tried to reply to his email, I got the above error.

He says I have some kind of setting in my addressbook to prevent replying to addys I've never seen before. Do we trust him? Why no we don't. I receive one time email from outside my addressbook all the time.

The PDF file was a form, which once completed, returned an XML file, not the form itself. After I completed the form I saved the XML file to my desktop. I was able to create a new message to the addy and attach the XML file which went through just fine.

Thoughts?

2. bbsan

bbsan Private E-2

anybody?

All guesses greatly appreciated.

3. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Is this at work?

LDAP is a protocol used primarily in business environments. Its used for querying a active directory server. These are almost NEVER used in a home situation.

4. bbsan

bbsan Private E-2

Yes, in work. Sorry, I should have said that.

5. bbsan

bbsan Private E-2

Like I said, I receive email from lots of people who are not in my addressbook, so this is a mystery to me.

6. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Do you have domain admin privledges?

If not, chances are you won't be able to fix this one yourself.

Does your company not have I.T. support? They will be much more familiar with your environment, and will have the necessary privileges to help correct your problem.

I'm sorry, it's not that I don't want to help, I just think we'll end up beating our heads against a wall on this. There's better ways to get it fixed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds