Questions about ImgBurn

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Feb 17, 2008.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I'm using DVDFlick and it has ImgBurn built-in. The ImgBurn is version 2.3.2.0. So, here's my questions.... to update ImgBurn to the newest version (v2.4.0.0) without re-installing DVDFlick, can I just replace the imgburn.exe file with the new one and leave the .ini file so it retains my settings? Also, where do I go in ImgBurn to have the program close when it's done? I went to Tools > Settings and there's boxes to check for "check 'close program'" in several tabs, including the Read tab, Write tab, Verify tab, and some others. And I haven't found an obvious setting for "Close program when project is finished", only those boxes for "check close program", whatever that means. Having the program close when it's done isn't really a big deal, I'm more concerned with getting the newest version installed without losing my personalized settings, and without 'confusing' DVD Flick.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2008
  2. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

I think you can't just replace the .exe file,cos it would be like crack this thing.And if you want do this the new .exe file will not replace the old one due version compatability issue(new .exe-old version),but can you upgrade DVD Flick?

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I have the newest version of DVDFlick installed (v1.2.2.1 dated 09.13.2007). Since ImgBurn has it's own folder in the DVDFlick folder, I can probably install the new ImgBurn into it's own folder, and run it separately for other non-DVDFlick projects. So, now that I've dealt with that, how do I get ImgBurn to close when the project has been completed? I looked through the help files and didn't really find anything....

4. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

Hey, I found this in forum of dvdflick.It seems you can copy the exe file in the imgburn folder.Couldn't we just copy the new executable to the dvdflick\imgburn folder?

*EDIT* Tested with a small file (45 sec clip) and it works. Simply rename the "old" imgburn.exe - just in case you want to revert back - and copy the new file into the dvdflick\imgburn folder. Easy as pie. HapHazard

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: new version of ImgBurn
    by kbosward on February 17th, 2008, 2:10 am

HapHazard wrote:
    Couldn't we just copy the new executable to the dvdflick\imgburn folder?

You can, but unless you set "Check for Program updates" to Never it too will check for updates in a week's time

Ken.kbosward

5. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Cool. Thanks for the info.... I now have another question.....
    I want ImgBurn to close when it's done, but I'm not exactly sure which process it does last. There are 3 or 4 different places where I can enable "close program when done" and I don't want to enable it in the wrong place and close the program prematurely. I'm assuming the final process in a burn would be Verify, and therefore I'd enable "close program when completed" in the Verify settings... right? :confused It makes sense to me ;) I looked around the ImgBurn site and found some info that kind of hinted at this but it wasn't totally clear. Any insight?
    Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds