Remote Desktop Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by acktom, Mar 14, 2007.

1. acktom

acktom Private First Class

Hello All -
    Trying to use Remote Desktop on a Local Network(LAN). Usually, this is a simple task. One PC will not cooperate. Running Win XP Pro. Turn on Remote Desktop and ensure the access is good for user. When I try to connect to the Remote computer, it appears to contact and then gives message "Local Policy of the Computer Does Not Permit Interactive Logon".
    Perplexed.
    Is there a simple fix to this?

Thx,
    Acktom

2. chookers

chookers Staff Sergeant

I haven't used remote desktop but does it matter to set Sharing and Security on the remote computer? I almost always forget to set Security permissions and then sit there scratching my head and wondering why it won't work. I'm getting better!

Otherwise, what about firewalls? The Windows one or another? Would they cause that error message?

3. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

goto the control panel, make sure the account is an admin account, also make sure your using an actually user account not a "service account".

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds