Help: home wireless networking (DWL-G630 wireless network card)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bennos, Apr 21, 2007.

1. bennos

bennos Private First Class

I have a DLink wireless router on the home PC and a DWL-G630 wireless network card that I use with 2 laptops by inserting the card into whichever laptop I am using. The home PC is where my Bigpond connection is.

Recently, I bought a second DWL-G630 wireless network card, thinking I could just insert it and away I go. Some of you guys would already know... I was wrong in thinking that!

Anyway, after installing the latest driver from the DLink website for the new DWL-G630 card and then setting the correct network security key (WPA security), it connected but it doesn't seem to be able to acquire a network address.

As can be seen from the print screen link below, it is stuck in the 'acquiring network address' state and that's where I'm stuck, I don't know what to do to make it connect to the Bigpond network.
    http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n129/forum_pix/Untitled-2-1.jpg

To all who know about networks... any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated! What have I missed in my attempt to connect to the Bigpond network?
    [​IMG]

2. dedub

dedub Corporal

Just a guess but it looks like dhcp on the router might be off. Statically assign an IP to the new adapter while it is in the computer and try that.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds