Remote desktop problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ulicee, Jul 29, 2008.

1. ulicee

ulicee Private E-2

hellou guys!

i'm new here and i have a problem. i have a network of 10 computers. recently i've set up a site2site vpn with 2 outside servers on the other side of the city. yesterday i could log on remotely on those servers without any problem from any of my 10 computers. today one computer could not connect to the servers...on my network i have an active directory with domain users. on that computer with the problem i can't connect remotely to the servers when i'm loged in with the domain user but when i use a local user on the computer it works. yesterday it worked from the domain user as well...today it doesn't work...do u have any ideeas how i can fix this?

10x in advance...

edit1: from the domain user i can connect remotely to either one of my other 9 computers...

2. PEBKAC

PEBKAC Private First Class

When you say that you can't connect, what error message(s) are you encountering? Is the computer on the other side of the VPN connection a member of the same domain as your local network computers and do computers on both sides have access to a domain controller which can authenticate the domain users? If you RDP to the computer on the other side using an account local to that computer to authenticate the Remote Desktop session, are you able to ping your domain controller (assuming your VPN is allowing the passage of ICMP traffic? Also, is the domain account being used a member of the "Remote Desktop Users" group on the destination computer? Does the same domain account work when used from all other nine workstations local to your network? (Workstation problem vs. user account problem)

3. ulicee

ulicee Private E-2

it sais something like "...connection lost with the remote computer..." there are 2 different domains, one on my local and one on the other side...i dont get to submit a user name and pass for the remote computer...i enter the ip of the server, click connect, the screen goes black, stais that way for 5-10 seconds and then it sais "...connection lost with the remote computer..." but only from the domain user...from the local user it works...it worked fine untill yesterday with the domain user as well...

4. ulicee

ulicee Private E-2

i've fixed it... in C:\Documents and Settings\domain.user\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client, there is a folder Cache with the cache of mstsc settings...i've deleted that file..and now it works just fine:D...

5. ulicee

ulicee Private E-2

now...whenever i exit remote desktop and try to reconnect to that server it jams..i'm tired deleteing that file over and over again every time i close remote desktop...anyone knows something about this?

6. WharfRat

WharfRat Guest

this really sounds like a host files problem, gonna have to research this one

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds