Another Gateway FX4710-UB003a

Discussion in 'Software' started by mexamilian, Oct 7, 2008.

1. mexamilian

mexamilian Private E-2

hey man
    im new here and i saw that you are very helpfull and know what your doing, so i was hopping maybe you can help me?

ok so i have GATEWAY FX4710 computer the one with 64-bit vista and 6-gb ram, and i desided to convert it to XP-32 bit system. i looked around different websites looking for network controller for xp from the 4710 computer and cant find one for XP 32-bit.
    i know i need (Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection) driver for me to connect to the internet and looks like im to dumb to find it, and was wondering if you could help me find it. i would be very greatful.
    p.s. i know you can say why not get another network card? but i was hopping to use this.

IT WOULD BE BEST IF YOU WOULD PM ME, AND LATER I WILL ADD THE HELP THAT YOU GAVE ME

any help would be greatfull
    thanks

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks.com :)

I have moved your post to it's very own thread! It is better to start your own thread than "hijack" an existing one. It can get a little crazy otherwise trying to follow advice (or even give advice) if two issues are mixed up in the one thread.

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Lev: thanks for moving this to its own thread :) It does make life easier on everyone.

mexamilian: first, welcome to Major Geeks! :wave :major Second, with the 32bit Windows, you will only be able to use just over 3gb of the 6gb of memory you have installed, so you're basically wasting about half your RAM. But if you're OK with that, You can download your network driver for 32bit Windows XP from this link.

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:confused You have PM's disabled.

5. mexamilian

mexamilian Private E-2

opps ok ill try to fix

6. mexamilian

mexamilian Private E-2

ok so i downloaded the driver. :-D looks like it worked:major thanks for the help man.

also,
    the pc started to run slow, like an old mac pc(with that one mouse botton)
    its not because of the driver that you gave me.
    i currently have XP Pro-32 SP3 installed and 4gb ram. any tips on how to fix this to run normaly???
    i know on quad core it should be blazing fastrolleyes

7. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Since the slowness isn't really a driver issue, you should post again in the Software Forum, and maybe provide a link to this thread for reference.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds