MSI Laptop need Drivers for NIC Card

Discussion in 'Software' started by desireemm, Oct 30, 2010.

1. desireemm

desireemm Private E-2

Hello everyone I had to install windows xp on a MSI laptop with a MICRO-STAR Intl Co, Ltd Model Number MS-163N chipset SIS 672 and Southbridge SIS 968. Theres no drivers for the Ethernet Controller and Audio can anyone help, I can find anything online that doesnt have maleware or cost money

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, desireemm.

Per this sticky, please download and install Everest, a free system information tool.

Run Everest and click Report (top menu) > Report Wizard > Next
    Choose System Summary Only > Next
    Choose Plain Text > Finish and wait for report to generate
    Click Save to File and leave the File Name as Report
    Click the Save as Type dropdown and choose Report files (*txt) and click Save (n.b. Save to desktop, use Browse to locate desktop)

Then attach your log to your next post per these instructions: HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post.

The driver download page for the MS-163N should point to the required drivers - you'll need to plug in your processor type.

3. desireemm

desireemm Private E-2

Ok I did as you said thank you

Attached Files:

4. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

5. desireemm

desireemm Private E-2

Tgell thank you soo much that worked your awesome thank you

6. desireemm

desireemm Private E-2

i have another question is the laptop upgradeable. As in can I add a Video Card

7. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

The answer to that would be no. The graphics are on the SIS672 chip which is part of the motherboard.

http://www.sis.com/products/sis672.htm

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds