Cybersitter won't stop functioning!

Discussion in 'Software' started by pooldude256, Mar 14, 2007.

1. pooldude256

pooldude256 Private E-2

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I recently uninstalled Cybersitter 9 as I've realized the software is not as good as advertised.

Anyway, I uninstalled the program but it is still active on my computer. It still blocks the same sites and blocks certain words. But I have uninstalled it and it appears as if all the files are off my computer, but it STILL is functioning on my computer.

I searched and looked at a few places and they told me to do a registry clean (which I did) and then I deleted the registry key at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run. But it still functions and I am very angry. Please help me out with this issue if you can! Thanks!

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Have you been to management console, services tab - see if it is still inthere, and disable start up.
    Also msconfig, selective startup, see if it is there, and if so untick it, and when restarting, tell windows to not keep reminding you.
    Then search again, but within hidden files.
    If you have downloaded process explorer, it will help to find out which of those funny named files belongs to Cybersitter, to help to delete them.
    Good luck , keep us posted.

3. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

What I would recommend, is to reinstall it, and then uninstall it from its own uninstall (from tools, within the program)
    According to the site, it is the only way to uninstall it properly.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds