Wireless card "Not Receiving response" from router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rimka, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Rimka

Rimka Private E-2

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of a strange problem with my wireless NIC card and router. Recently I decided to upgrade to wireless N and hoped that everything would go smoothly, this did not seem to be the case.
    - To begin, I have two computers - One MacBook Pro and one desktop running windows Vista ultimate.
    - My Mac connects to the network fine, with out without security enabled, I can pretty much do anything and it will still connect.
    - My PC, on the other hand, refuses to connect to the network at all. There was a point in time where it would only connect if security was disabled, but now even with security disabled I cannot connect.
    - I don't have any type of MAC filtering enabled, I've tried all types of security (WEP, WPA, and WPA2), I've tried to manually set my IP address, but no matter what I do I keep getting the same error.
    - The error I receive is " Wireless Association failed because Windows did not receive any response from the wireless router or access point "
    - I have the latest firmware and drivers, all straight from linksys. I have also reset the route numerous times and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the NIC card more then once.

I would greatly appreciate any input or help that you could provide! I'm seriously at a loss now

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds