Windows Vista asking to reset password

Discussion in 'Software' started by ljstc, Feb 28, 2010.

1. ljstc

ljstc Private E-2

Hey guys Im running Windows Vista and I have 3 user accounts. 2 that HAVE a password and Vista NEVER asks to reset the password every x amount of days and I have 1 user that DOES NOT have a password but yet vista asks every 30 days to reset the password. What password? Theres no password to reset.

Any ideas?

2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

You need to change your group policy to prevent the user's password from expiring. To do this, right-click on "My Computer" and choose "Manage". Then authenticate if necessary and once the window opens choose "Local users and groups" in the tree on the left hand side. Then double click on the "Users" folder, then right-click on the user-name in question. This should open up another window which should contain some check boxes. Make sure "Password never expires" is checked and OK out of or close every window.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds