Printing problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Daniela, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Daniela

Daniela Private First Class

I have HP LaserJet 4000 N PCL 6 network printer. Suddenly I’m not able to print from one of the workstations. I’m getting” internal error occurred” or ‘runetime error…line 1827’ error messages. I uninstall and reinstall the printer, but nothing change. I’m able to see the printer through ’My network places’ and I’m able to ping it’s IP.
    We have another network printer , and I’m able to print on that one. Any ideas what went wrong and how to fix it?
    thanks

2. JJJIrish05

JJJIrish05 Sergeant

when you say you uninstalled it, how did you uninstall it? also are you using windows? xp? pro?

3. Daniela

Daniela Private First Class

i have win xp pro.
    I unstaled througt Control Panel->Printers> Delete and then 'Add a Printer' Option

4. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Have you done the simpler things like purging the printer que and switching off both printer and offending pc?

Please confirm that printing is sucessful from another pc on the network.

Does the printer on the offending pc say ready or is it greyed out?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds