lsass.exe

Discussion in 'Software' started by flessa, Oct 11, 2005.

1. flessa

flessa Private First Class

keeps encountering a problem and restarting my computer. Does anyone know what this is and what it is supposed to be doing?

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Hmmm... I'm not entirely sure what it is for, but I can tell you that it was part of a major virus (sasser) that was going around a short while ago. What OS and service pack level are you running at?

3. fiver22

fiver22 Sergeant

4. flessa

More info... I was looking in the event viewer and this is connected to my logon problem. It kept mentioning two different error codes for lsass. One was a code 128 and the other one was a c00000005 and then it would restart the computer.

I think this is a part of Windows but not completely sure. I googled for it last night before work. Will check out that link in a bit and see what it is about.

5. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

i have already posted some info about that do you have the right one:

Isass.exe or Lsass.exe Lsass.exe is the good one.

To knows if you have the good or bad ctrl-alt-del one time click Processes
    and press the I in your keyboard if the Isass.exe highlight in blue you have the bad one.

Hope this help...

6. flessa

Well now... I don't know. And I won't be back home to check it until Friday morning. Gotta remember to check that out.

I just checked out fiver's link and boy does that look like it, especially the error message box.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds