Spam?

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Manit0u, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Manit0u

Manit0u Private E-2

I know it's not a nice thing to ask here but since I've registered on this forum I get a lot more spam mail in my mailbox. I'm completely aware that when you submit your email in various places over internet you get more spam (the more you submit it - the more spam you get) but seriously, I got like 1 spam message per week and now I get 11... I guess it's because this site is very popular but I'm registered with my email on various other forums (I'm sorry to say that but they're more popular than this one) and I didn't get ANY spam there. Maybe it's an empty accusation but I just wonder if a site that should be "geek-like" should allow this?

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

We don't allow this, and its not your sign up here that increased your spam. Perhaps you should visit the malware forum to check for malware. But its not coming from here. The only time you will receive messages/emails from here is if you subscribe to threads and request notifications.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  3. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Hello Manit0u,

I've been registered here for awhile now and have never received any spam in my mail account. Used a clean email account to register and use it only for MGs, there is never any mail but the threads I subscribe to in my mailbox or mail from MG members replying to me.

In fact I was joking with a member that I think MA sleeps with our email addresses under his pillow, my acct. is as clean as the day I joined. MG's would not send spam.

Perhaps you are subscribing to threads, that is an option and can be edited so you don't receive replies by emails.

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Hi,
    We do not spam anyone, never have. We have around 96,000 members and all can tell you that we do not spam. As a security oriented website, to do so would be the end of us.

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/majorgeeks.com

-mail tests for majorgeeks.com:
    No e-mail received
    After entering our e-mail address on this site we received no e-mail.

Download tests for majorgeeks.com:
    80 total downloads.
    80 green downloads
    In our tests, we found downloads on this site were free of adware, spyware, and other unwanted programs.

Hope that helps.

5. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

:wine Great review, MA. Thumbs up to you and CP.......the moderators, and the guys in the malware dungeon. :p

6. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

Matter of fact, our moderators are very on the ball when someone posts their email address publically (a major no-no) and edits it out. There are bot programs that do nothing but gather these addresses.

Welcome aboard.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds