Help with partitioning

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mr. Wolf, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Mr. Wolf

Mr. Wolf Private E-2

I want to clean install win2k on my hard drive without getting rid o' my win 98. I need to partiotion my hdd, right? How does one do this? Thanks!

2. exeter_acres

exeter_acres Sergeant

no you don't...
    You can, and I use a prog called PArtition Magic, not free, but it has never failed me in several years of usage...

but... if you just start installing W2K, it will see that you have another OS installed and ask if you want to upgrade or install a second OS.. w2k will then set up its boot loader so when you boot you can choose which OS you want to run.....

as always. have a complete back up BEFORE you start anything

3. Mr. Wolf

Mr. Wolf Private E-2

Alright.Thanks.

4. Flybywyre

Flybywyre Private E-2

Just out of interest why would anyone want to run two operating systems on the same HDD ?
    Regards
    FBW

5. Flybywyre

Flybywyre Private E-2

Thanks for the reply Robo
    The next question is why would anyone want to have two operatating systems on the same computer ?
    Regards
    FBW

6. Flybywyre

Flybywyre Private E-2

Oh...................

Regards
    FBW

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds