Sony Vaio Blue Screen While Using Printer

Discussion in 'Software' started by mcrdotcom, Oct 22, 2012.

1. mcrdotcom

mcrdotcom Private E-2

Hi,

my girlfriends Sony Vaio (less than 2 months old) keeps blue screening after printing one page whenever she tries to print.

So far hasn't blue screened at any other time, if it does she will get the error codes etc...

If it is the printer causing it, what should she do to fix the error? Reinstall the printer?

She is using windows 7.

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, mcrdotcom, and welcome to MajorGeeks...

Yes - a reinstall of the printer might very well help. I suggest uninstalling the printer, rebooting and then let Windows try to load its own drivers if possible - if Windows then barks at you and requests any printer drivers, then load the OEM drivers (if available)...

Quick questions: what's the Vaio model #, is the Windows 32- or 64-bit, and what's the printer make and model #?

3. mcrdotcom

mcrdotcom Private E-2

[​IMG]

Here's an image of the blue screen, no update on models yet but it's a HP printer!

Definitely only happening when she tried to print as well!

4. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Your attachment obviously didn't work: quick instructions for posting an attachment are located here.

However, before you start sending bluescreen pictures or (even better) zipped minidump logs, please try the printer/driver uninstall/reinstall and please try to provide us with the requested information about your equipment.

5. naruto12

naruto12 Private E-2

I also have the same problem. I already reinstalled the printer but the blue screen still occur whenever I use the printer.

I am using Windows 7.
    Notebook SONY VAIO S SVS13A15GHB
    HP Deskjet 3055A e-All-in-One Printer

Thank you very much :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds