Which motherboard should i choose ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by valentmark, May 24, 2014.

1. valentmark

valentmark Private E-2

Which motherboard is ideal for "Amd Phenom II X6 1050T Black Edition ( 3.2 GHz / 9MB Cache / AM3)" processor? "Asus MotherBoard - M4A78LT-M LE" or "Asus MotherBoard - M4A88T-M" ??
    [​IMG]
    What is the difference between these two motherboards ? What do the letters M and LE in the motherboard names stand for ? Can someone help me out on this please ?

2. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Private E-2

The important value is the "A78" vs. the "A88" label. These are generations of AMD motherboard chipsets - the "A88" is the more powerful one, the "A78" is the more stripped down one.

And actually, if you can find a motherboard with an "A990" chipset, that will probably utilize this older PhenomII even better because the A990 chipset was the zenith of that CPU's development partner. Today's A78 and A88's are 'backward compatible' but they are designed to allocate their best features with newer AMD CPUs.

(There are plenty of A970 motherboards around - this motherboard chipset offers fewer SATAIII ports than the superior A990 chipsets, and perhaps some overclocking settings, if any of that is important to you. If you have 4 internal hard-drives or less, then the A970 motherboards will have relatively identical performance to the increasingly-difficult-to-find A990's.)

The "M" value is probably denoting a Micro-ATX motherboard - one with 4 expansion slots rather than the 'full-size' ATX motherboards with 7 or 8 PCI slots.

The "LT" is probably "Lite" or Limited or ?? For me, I check to see how many SATAIII connectors a motherboard has and how many USB3 connectors it offers. These should all offer support for DDR3-1866 memory, whether you use it or not.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds