I'm going to SMASH my PC in a MINUTE!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ExOxE, Aug 31, 2004.

1. ExOxE

ExOxE Corporal

Argh!!! :mad:

I'm starting to really get teed off!

I have not MIDI in my PC, I`ve just noticed it... When windows boots, no sounds, etc.. I play movies, I got sound, I play MP3's, I got sound....

I click my realtek icon, then select multemedia, then hit the AUDIO tab, its showing nothing for MIDI, so I select either Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth and select APPLY, then click ok.. but it dont save, so I go back into it and select MPU-401 instead, click apply, then ok... then go back into it and agian it DOESNT save...

So I uncheck (use default devices) and try both options again, click apply and ok again, still dont save, so I uninstall the audio devices fully, reset.. when restarts it finds it so I cancel it.. then I got to my backup new install cd on my HDD, and install the drivers again (exe automatic install from Epox, RealTEK semiconductor corp: wdm_a358.exe)

Restart... Windows comes back online, and again, MIDI is left BLANK!

So I uninstall all the video and audio codecs (Klite codec pack, Xvid codec, Divx Codec), restart.. try ALL the above again, and still MIDI is left blank, it doesnt save my selection...

I got 60GB of data that is very vital on here and I cant afford a format untill I can afford some blank DVD's to salvage what I can, is there anything I can do in the meantime..

Oh, and out of curiousity, does the Majorgeeks > Arcade > Yeti Pentalathon have sound? coz I dont get any, thats what made me suspect this all to begin with..

Im getting that angry with it I feel like kicking the black POS of the bench!!! :mad:

Oh, and I HAVE tried all of the above via Control Panel, Audio Devices... Not just through the REALTEK icon!!!

2. ExOxE

ExOxE Corporal

Here's what is happening and what I change, and then what it goes back to!!!

Pictures Part 1

Attached Files:

3. ExOxE

ExOxE Corporal

Pics Part 2

Note: In IMAGE 002 the MIDI section is left BLANK, I have to select it.. dont know why, it doesnt really save it, even if I uncheck 'Use only Defaults'!

Attached Files:

4. ExOxE

ExOxE Corporal

Part 3

Attached Files:

5. Strogg

Strogg 5-Star Freakin' Geek

hi, in all honesty, midi is pointless nowadays. unless you like the incessant midi files being played on some extremely poorly designed websites, then you won't miss anything. for me, there is absolutely no midi support in my sound card, and i'm not missing it at all.

as for getting it back... sorry; i got nothing.

as for the game... it does have sound. just a stupid penguin sound and a swing of the bat. nothing much.

6. ExOxE

ExOxE Corporal

I know midi is useless in a sense, but in another it isnt, sometimes it breaths life into a website or a flash animation, or alikes, Im getting absolute no sounds on websites, ANY flash, I downloaded this 5.6 or so MB one yesterday, with this guy dancing around in a pink bunny outfit on a stage, no sound in that either...

I utilise midi, and I just like things working, its the first time this has done this to me, and I dont know whats caused it or brought it on...

ack!

I just went to realtek.com and downloaded the latest XP drivers, uninstalled my old ones, reset, installed the new ones, reset, come back online and still absolutely no diffrence what so ever, same story, diffrent driver set.... :mad:

Everything's pointing towards a format :( (Gawd I hope not... for MY sake)...

/Dead man walking.......

7. Strogg

Strogg 5-Star Freakin' Geek

if you have problems listening to any sounds on a website, it's probably the browser's fault, not the midi controller. i'd look at the browser first. and whatever you do, don't reformat because of sounds being all bad; it's not worth it.

8. ExOxE

ExOxE Corporal

I dunno what I am going to do, today, it's been one thing after another, SpyWare after spyware, no Midi, plus other minor weird things, I`m thinking of saying the F word and just FORMAT completely and loose everything!

I am so mad right now about this audio thing its ticking me off!

The Epox EP-4PDA5+ mainboard does use Realtek audio drivers, correct?

9. ExOxE

ExOxE Corporal

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds