Windows XP system restore

Discussion in 'Software' started by pengwah, Oct 17, 2006.

1. pengwah

pengwah Private E-2

Hi I need help regarding XP system restore. I heard from my friends said that you have to disabled system restore monthly and re-enable it again. Can someone please enlighten me with more information. Thanks.

2. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

3. pengwah

pengwah Private E-2

Thanks the speedy reply and the link given it is very helpful. I wish to know can we reduce the disk space of the disk now it take-up 12% of my drive and I have limited space left. Hopefully someone can give further advise. Thanking you.

4. BCGray

BCGray Guest

pengwah if you had read the whole link that ASUS gave you, you would have found this
    Q. How can I set the amount of space System Restore uses on my disk?
    A.
    Select Start, then Control Panel and double-click the System icon. Then click on the System Restore tab on the dialog box. Depending on your disk setup, do the following:•
    Single partition: Adjust the space system restore uses on the disk by moving the slider left to decrease space usage, or right to increase space usage. The default maximum space usage is 12%.

Multiple partitions or multiple disks: Click on the drive you want to adjust in the available drives section on the System Restore page and then click the settings option. You can then adjust the space system restore uses on that drive by moving the slider to the left to decrease space usage, or right to increase space usage. The default maximum space usage is 12%. Repeat for each drive as necessary.

Also some of us do disble and renenable "System Restore' just to clean out the old cache. Hope that helps

5. pengwah

pengwah Private E-2

Thanks for giving a much clearer answer. "Also some of us do disble and renenable "System Restore" just to clean out the old cache." this is the one I am interested to know more. I attempt to do it but afraid my system restore will miss something if I wish to roll back to a earlier time. If you can advise further on how it should be done will be much appreciated. Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds