Dell Inspiron 1501: best way to get most from battery?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by eblackwell, Jun 8, 2010.

1. eblackwell

eblackwell Private E-2

What's the best power configuration to get most out of a battery? I even bought the long life one, and while I don't believe marketing copy that I can get 9 hours out of it, I'm getting only 2.

2. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Check out the power options in the control panel. There are settings for when idle, the lappy will turn off the monitor and hard drive.

Depending on your OS, there may be a setting for maximum power conservation.

Anyway, a lot depends on what your are doing with the laptop. If watching videos, you'll get maximum time if you use headphones instead of built in or external speakers. Anytime you use the optical drive, you are using quite bit of power, this includes videos and games.

If the battery was rated for 9 hours, you really should be getting more than 2 hours, unless you are playing videos, games, or music.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds